November 14-16 I took the 2 kids on a road trip....just me & the kids! G went to FL to visit Scott Fink, so we headed down to see the Kraners. Both kids were good in the car. I took a half day off on Friday and left around their naptime, so the first 2+ hours of the trip, they slept while I went FAST down I-44. We got to Lebanon, MO when Henry woke up from his nap, wet. This was the first trip with him wearing underwear. We stopped at a Dairy Queen and he got changed and sat on a towel in his carseat for the rest of the trip. We didn't get too much further, Republic, MO, when Ben started to scream! I then smelled poop. So we stopped at a McDonald's there....20 minutes later we emerged from the restroom. Ben had pooped ALL over the place. I had to strip him down while Henry commented several times about how much poop their was and how stinky it was. Ben got a wipe & water bath and redressed. He also sat on a towel in his carseat for the rest of the trip. After that, we had a good final 2 hours of the trip. My mom cleaned both carseats, so for the trip home, we had a very nice smelling car!
While in Rogers, we just hung out with my family. Saturday morning I went and ran in a 5K race that I got first in my age group! Then we jung out at my parents house. Will & Erin came over for the afternoon, while we had a "campfire" as Henry calls it and roasted marshmellows. Ben slept through it, which was fine because it was a bit chilly outside. Mutti stayed inside also during the campfire. We had a nice family dinner and then early to bed! The trip home Sunday was fine, both of them napped for a bit and were ready to get out of the car, as was Mommy! Below are pictures from our weekend.
1 comment:
Congrats on your 5K finish!!! You are a brave mom taking them on that road trip by yourself ;-)
Post a Comment