After Ben's baptism, we had everyone who attended the baptism over to our house for some food & drinks. At the little party, Pastor Herb asked me a question. He said, "Kara, being a working mother of 2 boys, what do you pray for?" WOW! What a question! I told him I pray for patience...lots of patience! I said that being the mother of 2 boys I also pray for guidance on how to raise my boys to be caring, compassionate, loving - but not too wimpy - men. I also pray that I do a better job of being a mom tomorrow than I did today. I try my best everyday to be the best mom, to make all the right decisions for my kids. I know I will make the right decisions with the help of my husband and also through prayer with God. Being a working mother of 2 is tough! But I know I can do it. I have thought a lot about Pastor Herb's question since last Saturday. I also pray for my kids to be healthy and safe. I am one of those people who worries A LOT...about things I have NO control over and I am trying to get better about letting things go.
For those of you who pray, what do you pray for? Just take a moment to think about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment