5.10.2010

Girls Weekend

10 years ago this month, I graduated from Drury University!! So hard for me to believe! Some of the girls that I went to Drury with planned a weekend get together in Carlsbad, CA for May 5-9. I couldn't take 3 days off work, but I did manage to get away with taking 1.5 days off! I flew out to San Diego on the afternoon of Thursday May 6. There were 8 of us, 6 of us were in the same pledge class in our sorority. It was a GREAT weekend! We rented this house....


And enjoyed doing a lot of talking, hanging out, going to the beach, shopping, and eating! Exactly what a girls weekend should be! I arrived Thursday evening along with another friend, Jenny. We met the other girls at our house, changed clothes and headed out for a very nice dinner at a fancy wine bar. We came back to the house and hung out. I was in bed early (around midnight), as I had been awake since 4:30 am, Missouri time!

Friday was a beautiful day! Jessica and I went for a run along the beach....I could get used to that! After about 7 miles, I jumped into the pool that was in our backyard. It was a bit chilly, but felt great! Some of us went to a spa for massages, while the others hung out at the house. We all came back for lunch and then hit the outlet mall!

Jessica, Kara, Christina after some shopping at the outlet mall.


Shannon, Amy, Amber, Whitney, and Jenny and all the bags!
Kaiser & Kraner on the beach!! (In college, everyone called us by our last names....now we are Marko & Mohrmann!!)

Saturday morning we went down to the ocean. What a beautiful sight!! We enjoyed hanging out down there for about an hour before heading back to the house to change clothes and find Ruby's Diner at the end of a Pier in Oceanside....the next little town up the beach.

Oceanside, CA

We had to wait about half an hour to be seated at Ruby's, so we enjoyed the beautiful view from the pier!


Pelican sitting on the pier, watching all the people.

All 8 of us on our last night!


The last morning....Sunday May 9....I went for a run along the beach! I got home around 5pm, in time to have dinner with my boys for Mother's Day!




No comments: